Today, I decided to force myself to sit down, boot up my laptop, and type my feelings away. I know how easy it is to get lost in a multitude of emotions especially during times like these. Earthquakes, explosions, and a freakin’ pandemic. It’s understandable to feel overwhelmed and feel like we have no control of our lives. A lot of us are currently feeling that way and I hope that offers some sort of consolation. So whatever’s keeping you busy and smiling, keep doing it. Pore over books, bake a ton of cookies, donate to charity, explore arts & crafts. Just continue doing it, if it means it will motivate you to fight through your own personal battles.
In an attempt to keep my sanity, I decided to list down the things that have been making me sad and happy. After all this is my online diary. Here goes nothin’.
Things That Made Me Sad:
- Overpriced masks
- Having to still work at the office despite the given situation
- Having to pay just to function like a normal being
- Being stuck in a rut for more than a month
- Realizing that I really am a corporate slave
- Realizing I started a lot of personal projects but never got to work on them
- Accidentally sipping a whole ass fly because I left my coffee – with lid and straw – unattended for a couple of minutes
- Knowing that the millions of Filipinos affected by this pandemic aren’t in the heart of this government
- Facebook trolls make me hella sad
- Looking back and barely remembering March to May
Things That Made Me Happy:
- Getting to try a friend’s cake
- Learning to play a new song on the piano
- Exploring baking with my older sister
- Slightly feeling like myself again
- Finally being able to do something creative
- Putting my art out there and it getting appreciation
- Finally owning a Switch Lite!
- Having friends to play Animal Crossing with
- Also: Playing Fortnite with my boyfriend after a long & tiring day
- Having a Zoom meeting with friends – Finally all of us 10!
- Listening to music and just vibing with it. Everybody say, “Thank you, Lady Gaga”
- Experimenting with my hair (successful bleach wash) and liking the results
- Getting to spend time with family. We rarely see each other pre-covid days so being stuck at home was new and nice despite us being almost at the brink of tearing each other’s face apart sometimes. #JustSiblingThings